Let the Destashification Begin!

I, like many needleartists (love that term!), have an embarrassingly enormous stash of  fabric/yarn/beads/sewing notions!

  • Bins in the Garage!
  • Drawers in the Dining Room!
  • Baskets on the Shelves!
  • Patterns Galore!
  • “Forgot I had that’s” in undisclosed locations

I have had garage sales, made donations to charitable organizations, gifted, gifted and gifted …. and yet the stash persists and mysteriously appears to be increasing!  (I am fairly certain it is self-replicating!)

At the time I purchased each and every item in the stash – it was because I loved it!  Each item had color or lines or a tactile sense or other attribute that called my name and persuaded me that I needed it!  I was easily convinced that with that one (or two, or six) items, I could create the perfect _________ (dress, skirt, quilt, purse, sweater, pillow….)___________.

“Now the time is upon us….”

Let the Destastification begin!

The Destashification Project has only two rules!

  1. Create! Create! Create!  “Stash Couture” awaits!
  2. All creations must be constructed (at least 90%) from “The Stash”… the cost of the remaining 10% cannot exceed $10 (per item).

Can’t wait to get started!!

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Crazy Quilting, Embellishment, Goddess, Purses, Quilting, Stash Couture, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to Let the Destashification Begin!

  1. Mr WordPress says:

    Hi, this is a comment.
    To delete a comment, just log in, and view the posts’ comments, there you will have the option to edit or delete them.

  2. Robin says:

    I love the whole idea!

    • Thanks for saying so…

      As a sewer you must know how a stash can take on a life of its own!!!

      I am working on a sweatshirt embellishment at the moment – a fairly quick project – that unfortunately required less than 1/2 yard of fabric! I hope to have it online tomorrow.

  3. madwhimsy says:

    What a great idea! I’ll go dig through my fabric & embellishment bins today and get started.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s