Couture Matched Luggage Set!
The Carry-On met the list of requirements:
- Meets airline size limits.
- Lightweight – According to my bathroom scale it weighs less than 1 lb!
- Colorful –
- Closes with a metal zipper.
- Has a zippered end pocket for cell phone and Driver’s License and quick access side pockets for the magazines/Kindle, writing utensil, boarding pass and snacks.
- Still working on the “Semi-secured” Name Tag….
To minimize searching for “where did I put that?”, the outside pocket(s) are on one side only, but are doubled.
The visible side pocket is divided into three sections: for boarding pass, writing utensil and water bottle. Hidden behind it is another pocket that extends the entire width between the handles and will fit a magazine or the Kindle.
The ends of the Carry-On were quilted for structure. The body was not – to minimize the weight of the bag.
The zipper used to create the cell phone and Driver’s License pocket was also from The Stash. It was marked 55 cents! It was the perfect color (Mystic Blue) for the bag!
Total cost for the Carry-On was 52 cents. I had to purchase 2 yards of cotton piping filler.
….and I still have enough of the fabrics to make another bag! Perhaps a dress (suit) bag!