Fabric flowers are simple to make embellishments for anything from T-shirts to clutches. A few leaves scattered among the flowers adds that extra touch to the embellishments.
The leaves on the Rose Top were made from the scraps of diupioni used for the yoke and from some hand-dyed quilting cotton from The Stash. Most any fabric may be used to make them.
For this Tutorial, purple satin is being used. For interest, one leaf uses the shiny side, the other the dull side.
1. Start with two rectangles approximately 4″ by 3″ . Fold and iron one of the 4″ sides down.
2. Fold the rectangle into a triangle by folding it into thirds.
Upper folded edge must be tucked as folds are made.
Iron each fold.
The triangles should only have raw edges on the base.
3. Hand sew a gathering stitch along the base of the triangle.
4. Pull thread to form leaf shape and tack.
5. Trim uneven edges (careful not to cut the thread!)
6. Place under a flower and tack down.
Beautiful! ..and simple!
Pingback: The Purse d’Resistance – Stash Couture | The Destashification Project